For most of us, winter is the time to bundle up and avoid the cold. But did you know that winter is the perfect time to receive facial fillers? If you have been considering facial fillers but were afraid to undergo a procedure during the cold winter months, here are some reasons to reconsider.
Fillers Can Counteract Winter’s Drying Effects
Harsh winds and biting cold temperatures can zap your skin of moisture, leaving your face looking and feeling older. Facial fillers add volume to your skin, giving it a more youthful, moisturized look.
Put Your Best Face Forward for Those Holiday Photos
As we emerge from the isolation of the pandemic, most of us are planning to attend holiday celebrations. Facial fillers can give you a youthful glow in photographs, making the season just a bit jollier.
Fight Winter Gloom
Shorter days and fewer opportunities for outdoor activities can leave you feeling down. If you have been considering facial fillers, scheduling your procedure during the cold winter months can make dreary days more enjoyable, and you’ll be ahead of the game when spring weather arrives.
Things to Watch Out for During Winter Facial Filler Treatment
Even though winter is a great time to schedule facial fillers, there are some side effects to cold-weather facial fillers:
- Redness – If you leave a warm room and step outside into cold air, blood flow increases to your cheeks. After facial fillers, you may notice a little extra redness when exposed to cold, but this will recede once the inflammation from the procedure goes away.
- Tenderness – Cold can intensify tenderness, so you may want to avoid outdoor activities for a few days following your procedure.
Extra Winter Precautions
As you heal from your facial filler procedure, following these steps can make the healing process easier:
- Don’t forget to moisturize – Moisturizers are important in winter regardless of any procedure you may have, but it is especially important after facial fillers. Apply a high-quality moisturizer to minimize dry, itchy winter skin.
- Limit outdoor time for a few days following your procedure to allow for the healing process.
- Stay warm when going outside by using a thicker facial mask or scarf.
If you have been considering facial fillers, winter is a great time to schedule! Call the office of Dr. Maurice Khosh today to schedule your consultation.