The ears contribute materially to our overall appearance, forming a balanced frame for our facial features. And yet, sometimes misshapen ears can detract from our appearance, drawing attention away from other aspects of our face. In addition, when ears suffer damage, their irregular shape can also be a cause of embarrassment. Maurice Khosh, MD, FACS, is a highly-credentialed specialist in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, and he can offer several options to correct the issues you have with your ears.
Types of Ear Surgery Available
Whether your ears are naturally misshapen, have slowly developed curious growths or have suffered trauma, Dr. Khosh, our dual board certified facial plastic surgeon, can present various surgical options to correct deficiencies and create well-formed ears that contribute to a balanced appearance. Some of the more common ear surgery options include:
- Cauliflower Ear – Cauliflower ear, or similar ear deformities caused by an injury, can be corrected through ear plastic surgery aimed at restoring your ear’s natural shape.
- Keloid Scar Repair – Keloid growths on the ear can be removed, and keloid scars can be reduced, through keloid ear repair surgery.
- Otoplasty/Ear Pinning – Otoplasty, commonly called ear pinning, can transform ears that are oversized or protrude from the head to make them appear balanced and attractive.
- Revision Otoplasty – If the results of a previous otoplasty with another surgeon were not as you had hoped, Dr. Khosh also offers revision surgery to correct any deficiencies and achieve the desired results.
- Torn Earlobe Repair – Earlobes that have been torn in an accident or resulted from piercings can be repaired to appear normal. These procedures can typically be performed in an outpatient setting.
New York Ear Surgery Specialist
As an experienced New York plastic surgeon and ear surgery specialist, Dr. Khosh has seen many types of ear problems from a variety of causes. He can consult with you and provide counsel on the best ear surgery to achieve your desired look.
Don’t hide your misshapen or damaged ears under hair or clothing. Book a consultation with Dr. Khosh at his New York office today.